[OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:25:26 -0500
Wow $220 is expensive! I assume you mean US Dollars? I paid $60 for my
100/2.8 and maybe 8 or 10 for shipping. Those lenses even in camera stores
only go for about $100 here. The most expensive lens I ever bought new was
my AF-Nikkor 85mm f1.8 for my Nikon system, which was around $300 years ago
when I was still in college. I've never had much money, and have bought most
of what I have used at cheap prices...although the absolute most expensive
lens I ever bought was a used Olympus 40mm f2, which our friend Piers from
this list sold me at a really good price. I think I paid him $350 for it
last year, and those lenses typically go for $100 - $150 more thanthat in
the USA now. It was worth it though, its an awesome lens that I use all the
time!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design