[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:00:00 -0500
Well, while I like and appreciate the auto mode on the D3, as I did
on the E-510, it does seem that the D3 will usually use the lowest
ISO that fits with the slowest shutter speed the operator has
selected. I suppose there's really no other way to do it, and I find
myself fiddling with the setting depending on time of day and
available light.

But right now it's just way cool, and I suspect after I settle down a
little bit my inclination will be to use fixed ISO the vast majority
of the time. I'm not much of a walkabout shooter anyway. I usually
have a plan when I set out, though like most plans, it goes to hell
in a handbasket upon the first moment of execution.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com