[OM] Re: Why Nykon, was Christmas Camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Nykon, was Christmas Camera wish list
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:20:33 EST

In a message dated 12/23/2007 7:58:23 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

MY  decision was based
mainly on my perceived needs, and what my wife  said. <g>

You are a wise man!  Now where are the other two?  I think wives  learn it
from mothers and it is some kind of variation of "Because, I told you  so."

Some conversations are not worth having.  A visiting relative (rocket
scientist with a PhD. from a very distinguished university) is getting ready to
 buy
a new $1600 Canyon DSLR body.  His first digital.  He will likely  never
enlarge anything greater than 4 X 6 and wont buy the IS lenses because of  the
price. Were he to ask me what I would suggest, it might be to take a  look at
the
Olympus 510 kit.  It won't happen.  Guess I shouldn't  complain.  My images
still decorate his walls.

<[8^)  Bill Barber