[OM] Re: [OM][OT] That Nykon D3 thing

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] That Nykon D3 thing
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:11:06 -0800
It is because there is some non standard, non linear thing going on
and they want you to be cautious.  Base ISO is established by an
internationally agreed upon standard and it is the lowest ISO with the
best quality it can produce. The L settings give you a lower than base
ISO which may be useful, but with a slightly degraded quality. The H
settings are there if you want to use them, but the engineers are
telling you they really do not recommend it without some thought about
the consequences.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA