[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:04:21 -0400
Steve:

Thank you very much for pointing out the potential IEEE 1394 inclusion in
Device Manager. I checked the DM and found it there.I also checked the back
of my computer and found one FW connector with the number "1394" alongside.
The slot itself is about the same height as a USB plug but is a bit wider.
The connector within the plug slot itself comprises a small male extender
with three opposite pairs of tiny gold connectors.

Also, Paul Braun's reply was very helpful too. I have a Toshiba laptop and
included in the instruction book is a reference to an "i.Link" port on the
side of the machine. Absent Paul's reference to iLink I would have had no
idea that the Toshiba iLink was in fact a FW connection. There is no mention
of Firewire in the Toshiba's instruction.

Last but not least many thanks to Dr Flash for the URLs of the sites showing
the card slots and what they look like.

All told what a great experience having a family of listees who are happy
and willing to share their expertise ............ thank you all.

John