[OM] Light box & Loupe?

Subject: [OM] Light box & Loupe?
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:18:28 -0800
Hello List,

Well, I finally broke down and bought a film scanner, a CanoScan 4400F (I know,
I'm about 10-15 yrs behind the curve). I want to get a light box and loupe for
inspection/selection of film and slides for scanning. Problem is, I know
absolutely nothing about light boxes, and not much more when it comes to
loupes. So, I was hoping I could pick your collective brains on the subject.
I'd like to keep the cost of the combo under $100 U.S. if it's possible to get
something descent in that price range. I was wondering if the relatively
inexpensive light boxes for drawing would be sufficent, and should light temp a
major consideration? What power loupe should I get for 35mm film/slides? Are
there other factors to consider when purchasing a loupe? TIA, and a very happy
holidays to everyone!

Darin