[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:41:02 -0800
Jan Steinman wrote:
> Easy. If it's a Mac, it's got Firewire. If it's a PC, it probably
> doesn't have Firewire unless you added it.

Sometimes, Jan, your prejudices make you sound a bit silly, snide or
not. Both my old and new PC desktops came with Firewire 400 ports and
both quite old and somewhat newer notebooks have the smaller Firewire ports.

That said, it seems to me that Firewire is becoming less relevant. 400
seems to be about the same as USB 2.0 Hi Speed in practice and 800 isn't
nearly as good as eSATA for external drives.

Moose