[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:51:28 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Your comments on auto ISO remind me that the 5D can do a limited version
> of that.  When on full automatic it enables floating ISO from 100-400.
> And that reminds me there are many features of the camera that I have
> never used.  It has never been in full auto or program modes.
I like Auto Mode as a default setting. If I havn't been shooting, am not
thinking photography, but have the camera along, and suddenyl just want
to grab a fleting shot, it's better than whatever I would have left as
settings in iso Av, Tv or M. Otherwise, I never use it.

The nice thing about Program Mose is that you can keep the same exposure
and alter the combination of shutter speed and aperture by turning the
front wheel. Remember when lenses did that?
> Three of the four metering modes (including spot) have never been used,
LOL! It's been long enough since I used spot seriously that I screwed up
some exposures using spot without thinking. :-[
> "picture styles" have never been used as well as lots of other stuff I
> probably
> don't even remember is there.
They don't mean anything in RAW.

Moose