[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 09:51:36 +1100
Nevertheless, I suffered a raid on my Paypal account recently because
my OSX firewall settings were wrong (as my son contemptuously
informed me). Eight spurious transactions of $50 and $100. This
happened two days after making a couple of purchases from Hong Kong
and China. I lost nothing as I was able to reverse the transactions
but it was annoying and took time to sort out, including a couple of
days with my account suspended.
Fortunately I have email notification of all transactions and saw
them immediately.
Unfortunately my account is linked to my bank so there were a half-
dozen calls on that account to top up my deliberately low PP balance.
But for the international delay in transfer, I may have lost funds.
GriSoft now assures me that I'm running in Stealth mode, that is that
I don't exist, but does it only check for Windows vulnerabilities?
Could we still be vulnerable to intrusions tailored to find Mac users?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx