[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:49:21 +1100
I know but it is one possibility. The other is that the seller's
payment system is suspect and allows harvesting of customer details.
However during a transaction, the ebay listing hands you off to the
Paypal site and all further business should be protected. I tend to
give PP the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are fairly good
at security.
The idea that my own system was porous and so my password and account
details could be intercepted during the log on procedure. Sounds
likely seeing that my OSX firewall options were imperfectly enabled.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx