[OM] [OT] Candles

Subject: [OM] [OT] Candles
From: Brian Gray <brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:58:11 +0000
Roger Key wrote:
 > Best Wishes for Christmas and the New Year to the list from Denmark.
 >
 > Here in Denmark we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so we are a day
 > ahead of most list members. We eat plenty of roast pork, red cabbage, and
 > sugary small brown potatoes, together with duck, turkey or goose, and a
 > sort of fancy cold rice pudding for dessert. We get all our presents during
 > the evening, after we have sung and danced round a Christmas tree with real
 > lit candles (not as dangerous as it sounds...).

Provided the host/hostess is nimble on their feet!  I have been at a
party  in a Danish house and watched the hostess dash across the room
when a tree caught fire.
The fire was put out smartly - maybe you have plenty of
practice?  The Danes were safety conscious then and insisted on
people not drinking and driving a long time before it was frowned on in the UK.

Seasons Greetings

Brian