[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:16:25 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Can't think of anything I want to do that can only be done on a PC
> that would outbalance the sheer annoyance of using Windoze (which I'm
> obliged to do at work). As they say, if all you own is a hammer, then
> every screw tends to look like a nail.

  On that note -- what's a good equivalent to Irfanview for the Mac? (by
which I mean a free image viewing app with a "next" button)

  It's painful watching my wife browse photos from a memory card on her
iBook because she has to click on Finder, click on the image, look at
the picture in Preview, click back on Finder, open the next image, and
so forth; I really miss having "next" and "prev" buttons, but I guess
SteveJ didn't want to let Mac users have them. (or is there some way to
do this with Preview which I'm missing? That would be the best solution,
of course)

  thanks,

  -- dan