[OM] Re: Sony 357/SR44W batteries - 20 still available.

Subject: [OM] Re: Sony 357/SR44W batteries - 20 still available.
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:03:31 -0500
I have been using the Engergizer 357/303 batteries the last couple years
when I was living in New Mexico and never saw any problems with them. After
moving back to northern Indiana, I took my two OM-4T bodies out on a very
cold day to photograph an old building, and the batteries died within ten
minutes of going out in the cold. After I got home and they warmed up, they
worked again.

I have two questions if anyone on the list knows:

Do the batteries that Bill is offering work better in cold weather.

And

I was looking at the Energizer website and they mention an EPX76 battery
that they say is designed specifically for cameras. Their data sheet shows
it has a higher amperage than the 357/303. I went and bought some of these
batteries at a local store but they are EXPENSIVE. $4.50 EACH. Has anyone
tried these in their OM's, and do they work better than the 357/303 and are
the Sony batteries that Bill has better or the same as these? If they're
equal or better I'll get some from him, given how cheap they are compared to
the engergizer EPX76 bought locally.

Thanks,

--
Chris Crawford