[OM] Re: Sony 357/SR44W batteries - 20 still available.

Subject: [OM] Re: Sony 357/SR44W batteries - 20 still available.
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:59:05 -0800 (PST)
You can check the document I put up on Mark Dapoz's Oly repair website, which
also includes data
for EPX76.
In general the EPX76 has lower capacity over the OM's operating range of
voltage than the
recomended 357's. Something like 20% less.

The cold weather performance in general will be better with lower internal
impedance cells that
are less than 20% discharged. The impedance rises as you discharge deeper and
the impedance also
increases at low temperature, which is ultimately what limits low temp
performacnce in OM's. It
helps a lot to keep exposure times short, say 1/125sec or above.  The
manufacturers don't specify
the impedance in a very useful way to allow real comparisons of all vendors
brands.  I

My document above does include quite a bit of calculated impedance data, based
on the vendors data
sheets, but it is still hard to compare precisely.

Tim Hughes