[OM] Re: Sony 357/SR44W batteries - 20 still available.

Subject: [OM] Re: Sony 357/SR44W batteries - 20 still available.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:15:29 -0500
I think the least expensive solution to the problem is, as Tim suggests,
an external battery adapter for your OM-4 to hold AA or AAA alkaline
batteries.  Battery size doesn't matter, only the voltage.  You need a
nominal 3 volts.  A new alkaline or button cell will measure about 1.55
volts or 3.1 volts for two in series (batteries connected positive pole
of one to the negative pole of the other)

If I were to make such an adapter myself it would be like Tim suggested
but would extend past the right edge of the camera and the two batteries
would then extend vertically upward to form a handle ala an OM winder.
In fact, a non-working winder case might make a good base to build on.
You could use only two batteries or else four batteries with each pair
rewired to be in parallel with each other.  Maybe it would even be
possible to use a working winder but modified to tap off two of the four
batteries to feed the camera.

Chuck Norcutt