[OM] Re: om4 finder cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: om4 finder cleaning
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:04:54 -0500
Welcome.  If it's simply the eyepiece and frame I would blow out any
loose dirt and then clean it with a cotton swab and alcohol or Windex or
whatever cleaner or solvent you use for cleaning your lenses.  But just
moisten the swab.  Don't allow it to become dripping wet or the cleaning
solution may flow around inside the eyepiece frame.  If the dirt is
really caked on you may have to do this many times using a clean swab
each time.

If there is dust/dirt inside the eyepiece assembly the only solution is
removing the top cover.  Best send it to a competent repairman unless
you're skilled in camera repair.

Chuck Norcutt