[OM] Digital Zuiko 70-300mm?

Subject: [OM] Digital Zuiko 70-300mm?
From: "James Howe" <jhoweaa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:41:48 -0500
I've noticed that Olympus has a $50 rebate on the Digital Zuiko 70-300mm ED
lens.  However, it seems that there is no place where you can purchase this
lens.  I talked with someone at B&H Photo who told me I could order it this
year and qualify for the rebate even though the lens is back ordered, but he
couldn't give me any idea of when they might get the lens in stock.  Since I
would need to get the lens before the end of January to get the UPC code for
the rebate, I'm somewhat hesitant to order the lens on the off chance that I
don't get it in time.  Does anybody have any information on why this lens is
so hard to come by?  Seems odd for Olympus to have a rebate on a difficult
to obtain lens, unless they are releasing a replacement, but I thought the
70-300mm was a relatively new lens.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--