[OM] Re: Digital Zuiko 70-300mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Zuiko 70-300mm?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:24:44 -0700
James Howe wrote:
> I've noticed that Olympus has a $50 rebate on the Digital Zuiko 70-300mm ED
> lens.

[snip]

> Does anybody have any information on why this lens is
> so hard to come by?  Seems odd for Olympus to have a rebate on a difficult
> to obtain lens, unless they are releasing a replacement, but I thought the
> 70-300mm was a relatively new lens.

It is, and sounds very popular -- ferinstance, many people on dpreview
who've reported on their 70-300 have raved about its IQ given its
relatively low price.  This probably helped to trigger a buying frenzy,
ergo, zero stock left anywhere (my pro shop doesn't have any...).  Who
knows?  This may be exactly what Oly wanted.

For a measly 50 bucks, I'd wait until there were more in stock.  Er,
actually, I *am* waiting until there's more in stock.  ;-)

Garth