[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:32:11 -0500
Somewhere I have a letter to the editor written by a community
college journalism class. More Latin than English, as I recall. The
professor, who loathed me and everything I wrote, did most of the
creative work, I'm sure. I was accused of most, if not all, known
fallacies. I believe they were listed in alphabetical order. <g> It
seems he was driven by an editorial I wrote taking the education
system to task. The basis of the piece was a new crest recently
unveiled by the college, in which it named itself, and included its
geographic location. The problem was this: The college did not exist
that the location where it placed itself, a tony, very upscale area
of the county. Rather, it existed in another area, mostly populated
by apple orchards and trailer parks. I recall musing as to how it was
that we should expect our students to do well in geography when our
community college didn't know where it was--or worse, knew where it
was and decided to be somewhere else without actually moving. (The
president of the college didn't like the editorial either. Apparently
he didn't think community college administrations should be the butt
of newspaper humor. I disagreed. There was no peace in the Kingdom.)

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bwp33.com