[OM] Re: Olympus billboard

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus billboard
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:58:39 +0000
On 30/12/2007, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Those of us in the Southern hemisphere object most strenuously to the
> Winterval name

Hang on, old chap, not even the Daily Mail, or even the Bishop of
Birmingham suggested that they wanted to use the name outside of
Birmingham, never mind the rest of the world!

> and indeed to any suggestion whatsover that any of
> those festivals, feasts, rituals, commercially generated nonsenses
> or minor religious celebrations that may have wandered in there
> accidentally, actually occur during the colder part of the year.

So stop whingeing and go celebrate your own Winter Solstice.  Come to
think of it, perhaps we should all campaign to have worldwide public
holidays at both solstices.