[OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:21:22 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> Sounds fine, Dan, but think of the computing power that would be needed.
>
> And normally when I want to know the DoF in a particular shot it's to
> see whether particular bits that I want are in focus; I don't think
> that I want a complete depiction of what is or isn't in focus.

I wonder if it's that big a problem to do. The add-on hack software for
various Canyon digicams adds a DOF calculation that may be displayed on
the LCD. It also adds a flashing 'zebra' display of highlight clipping
areas.

I doubt if it could extend to Dan's idea on those cameras, but it
certainly shows that there is quite a bit of processing power available
even in very modestly priced cameras.

Moose