[OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:21:20 -0500
Are you in the right autofocusing mode?  I don't know how the D3 works
but the 5D has three autofocus modes.  "One shot" for still subjects,
"AI Servo" for tracking moving subjects and  "AI Focus" which is for
still subjects that might start moving and need tracking.  I don't know
exactly why you need 3 modes but I presume it makes it easier on the
camera to decide what to do if the user provides a little external
intelligence about the shooting situation.

Also, certain Canyon lenses (but only long ones I think) can also be set
to instruct the camera not to focus closer than X or further than Y to
keep them from hunting outside the bounds of where the subject is
expected to be.  Could also be such a thing on those fancy Nykon lenses
but I wouldn't think you'd find such a thing on a 24-70... too short to
have a really long focus travel.

There are too many options these days not to have thoroughly read the
manual about 6 times or, perhaps for those of us who suffer from senior
moments maybe a dozen times... maybe even a baker's dozen.

Chuck Norcutt