[OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 17:01:07 -0500
Well, I feel like an effing idiot. <g> Thanx, Chuck. Actually, I
looked at your posts, then I went to the camera, and then to the
manual. I was sure I'd set for Continuous, with 21-point predictive
tracking and the option where the subject has to be in focus before
the shutter will release. After confirming I had in fact set these on
the camera, I began to initiate Worry Mode as to whether I have
procured a lemon.

But! Ha! It turns out that in addition to ensuring the selector
switch is set to Dynamic Area, one also must make sure the _other_
switch, hidden down by the lens release, is set to C for continuous
rather than S for single or M for manual. I discovered that my little
hidden switch was set to S for single, while all my other switches
and preferences were set for continuous.

Some people obviously should not be allowed to purchase technology
beyond their level of comprehension. <g>

But it's dark now. I'll have to wait for daylight to see if my
discovery makes a difference. Oh, wait! I forgot. The D3 can take
pictures in the dark. <wink>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com