[OM] Re: Request for info re: 50-200 Digi Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: Request for info re: 50-200 Digi Zuiko
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 17:14:56 -0800
On 1/1/08, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Garth Wood wrote:
> >> Folks:
> >>
> >> So, could some kind soul who owns the "old style" 50-200 please send me
> >> the approx. dimensions of the tripod foot
> >
> Richard Ociepka wrote:
> > http://www.pbase.com/ociepka/tri
>

> To my surprise, it looks like I won't be able to reliably use the
> multi-purpose rail I was thinking of getting for it -- there appears to
> be a 1/4-20 threaded socket along with some anti-twist indentations in
> the bottom of the foot.  Is that correct?
>

> Garth

I'm using a 73mm long MPR on my D. Zuiko 150/2 and a Kirk lens plate
that is 3" long on my D. Zuiko 50-200. The ridges work surprisingly
well to prevent rotation. The MPR has a small stop bar which is flat
on one side and curved on the other. It matches the curve on the front
of the lens tripod foot fairly well. Both have worked well. The MPR
looks slightly better and the curved stop bar should help prevent
rotation.

Mike wrote a letter to Olympus and got a reply which basically said
making a lens foot which would work with a Arca-Swiss style quick
release would be a case of the tail waging the dog ...  I wrote to
both Oly USA and Oly Japan. Oly Japan responded saying it was an
interesting idea but they didn't have any current plans. I plan on
pestering them again.

Last night I discovered my RRS plate for my E-1 slips in my RRS lever
clamp. I'm going to phone them tomorrow.

-jeff