[OM] RRS lever clamp - E1 plate slips

Subject: [OM] RRS lever clamp - E1 plate slips
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 17:30:54 -0800
Last night on the way home from work I tried to snap a few pictures
for dynamic range comparison between an E-1, E-410, and E-3.

The RRS plate (BOE-1) used for my E-1 slips through the lever clamp.

As I mentioned a week or so ago the Kirk PZ-37 on the E-410 and the
L-Bracket for the E-3 both work great. I'm really enjoying the lever
clamp. (Flipping the E-1 into portrait mode and having the camera
slide through the clamp wasn't very enjoyable though.)

I hesitated getting the lever clamp for over a year not believing it
would be worth $100 to flip a lever vs. tighten a thumbscrew. After
using it for a week or two, it is worth it to me. I'm going to call
RRS tomorrow about the plate for the E-1.

-jeff