[OM] Re: D3?

Subject: [OM] Re: D3?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 21:10:30 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> I've now seen the shiny new E3 referred to as a "D3" in multiple posts.
>
> Did I miss the memo?  Was this originally a typo that we've now decided
> to adopt as an inside joke?
>
> I just want to make sure that should I join in one of those threads, I
> follow the proper posting protocols.

Paul:

Bob Whitmire just acquired one, and Andrew Fildes, I b'lieve, is
reviewing one for an Australian publication.  We're referring to the
equipment these two gents have at the moment.  No big.

And multi-platform may ultimately be the way I go, too.  I still think
Oly's the most innovative lensmaker on the planet, but for some
specialized photo work I'll be doing for the next couple of years, I may
need the low-noise capabilities of a Nikon D3 (or a Canon 5D MkII or
whatever they're gonna call the successor) as well.  It's interesting to
hear the contrast and compare stuff.

Garth