[OM] Re: Request for info re: 50-200 Digi Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: Request for info re: 50-200 Digi Zuiko
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:31:06 -0800
> From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... there appears to
> be a 1/4-20 threaded socket along with some anti-twist indentations in
> the bottom of the foot.

Aw man, those things drive me crazy!

I make my own quick release plates. I have THREE E-Series cameras
right now, and the location of the anti-twist indentation is different
on all of them!  So I can't simply swap the one on my E-20 or E-300
with my new E-3. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

So it's back to the machine shop. If anyone's interested in the
dimensions, I've mic'd the E-3 mount already, but haven't gotten
together the time nor ambition to go make yet another QR plate.

:::: The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the poplace
alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series
of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -- HL Mencken
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AQ25-27>