[OM] Re: OT Help needed on Nikon scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Help needed on Nikon scanner
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:12:02 -0800
The rightmost edge of the picture definitely looks like something
duplicated pixels creating streaks. It also looks like the focus is
off.

You should probably call Nikon and ask them what they use for
lubricant. You might have a little bit of lubricant combined with dust
and fibers left on the rails. It is possible that if you clean them
with a solvent the scanner might work okay for awhile without any
lubricant. It it were mine and I couldn't find any good advice I would
try WD40.

Good luck,
-jeff