[OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries, was: TSA: Safe Travel with

Subject: [OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries, was: TSA: Safe Travel with Batteries and Devices
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:13:36 -0800
Showing the chain is very good. I am reminded of the one suggested by
the question, "You mean you are going to take my gallon of gasoline
from my Toyota Echo and ship it to a distant power plant, generate
electricity with its attendant losses, transport the electricity over
wires with their attendant losses, charge chemical batteries with
those attendant losses(battery manufacture was out of the loop at the
time), convert chemical energy back to electricity with those
attendant losses, and turn an electric motor in a very heavy battery
laden car with those attendant losses, and that will be better?

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA