[OM] Re: RAW file by scanning

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW file by scanning
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:48:26 -0500
Normal ViewScan "raw" files are TIFF and are designed to be saved and
read back into the scanner software as input so that it's not necessary
to rescan the original slide or negative if you want to process the
image differently.

But in the Pro version you can also elect to have the raw file format be
Adobe DNG.  The scanner software can still re-read this as an input file
but other software such as Adobe Camera Raw that knows about DNG as a
raw file format can use it also.

See: "Raw DNG format" near the bottom on this page
  <http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/html/vuesc27.htm#topic26>

Chuck Norcutt