[OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,

Subject: [OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:20:28 +1100
I think you need to be as desperate for fuel as Brasil or have a
massive existing waste source like sugar cane bagasse to make it
worthwhile. I did hear of one plant using the rampant giant water
hyacynth that infested the Congo - they had to keep dredging the
stuff anyway so it was a neat solution.
Actually growing a  crop to make ethanol when you've got fuel as
cheap as in the US is about as economically sensible as ostrich
farming (I managed to restrain myself from going to capitals there).
Oh, unless you intend to drink the stuff, of course.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx