[OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,

Subject: [OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:02:26 -0600
It is disturbing. We know the amount of water these plants use, what
we're unsure of is the real surplus in, and the recharge rates of our
aquifers.

The Ogallala aquifer west of the Mississippi has dropped substantially
since the 50's although it's more stable in recent years. Most of that
drop is thanks to irrigated farming.

Our aquifer, the Mahomet is much smaller and is stable with our current
water use rates. How much will that change as we build ethanol plants?

A great system we've come up with </sarcasm> Not only will the ethanol
plants compete for the food we eat in the short term but with the water
we need farther in the future...