[OM] Re: OM-1 fried contacts

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 fried contacts
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:47:05 -0800 (PST)
John,
     Interesting find and picture. The energy stored in the trigger capacitor,
in even the oldest
of old high voltage flashes, is not nearly enough to do this sort of damage. I
can only guess the
bleed resistor to the main capacitor from the trigger capacitor in the flash
shorted
 and he dumped in the full 50Joules or so?

Tim Hughes