[OM] E-1 bits & parts advice

Subject: [OM] E-1 bits & parts advice
From: Philippe Dambournet <zuikomane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 00:27:25 -0600
Having adopted Dan Sepke's spare E-1 to replace a Canon Powershot
(rationalization, here we come), I'm at a loss to locate OEM firewire
and video connectors (USB was found, though). Can other cables be
safely substituted?

Also, for front element protection (mostly from my own inept
cleaning), I'm thinking of adding a high quality UV filter to the
zoom, and maybe packing a circular polarizing filter as well. Any
favorites on this list? It's for a DZ 14-54.

Good tips on getting dust off the focusing screen also appreciated
(it is in perfect focus, so it could be on the top of the screen).

I've ordered a cheap 4GB Hitachi microdrive for main duty based on
the surprising test results posted here by AG-Schnozz. More detail
and deeper shadows really seem worth a $90 bet...

It's a beautiful machine but I really need the manual (any good
books?). Thanks in advance for any tips to this usual lurker, and
Happy New Year to all...

Phil