[OM] The Art of Photography Show - legit or not?

Subject: [OM] The Art of Photography Show - legit or not?
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 06:59:31 -0800 (PST)
I enjoy entering exhibitions - hoping to get a little
recognition and possibly marketing myself. I received
something via email for a show called "The Art of
Photography". I came across a post someplace else
where it was stated that the entry fee is high and the
show sponsors retain the rights to use your photos to
market in the future". Neither of these are a big deal
but I want to make sure the show is legitimate.

I entered a "contest" a couple of months ago..paying a
$4.00 entry fee and I have a strong feeling that I got
taken for a ride. Nothing ever came out of it...the
'website' stated that they would show winning photos
on the site - that never happened.

Anyway here is a portion of the msg:

Call For Entries!
Deadline March 1, 2008

The ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW 2008 is an international
exhibition of photographic art which will take place
April 25 - May 23, 2008 at the elegant Lyceum Theatre
Gallery, located in the historic Gaslamp Quarter of
downtown San Diego, California. The opening reception
gala will be on Friday, April 25th, and will be a
world class event!

WEBSITE: www.artofphotographyshow.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs