[OM] Re: The Art of Photography Show - legit or not?

Subject: [OM] Re: The Art of Photography Show - legit or not?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:42:57 -0500
On the face of it, sounds like the show is legit, at least for use of
images. Most of these types of things want to be able to use examples
of what they feature, and their disclaimer seems limited just to Art
of Photography related stuff. Never give up copyright unless it's a
contractual thing and you get compensated with a _lot_ of money. I
quit writing a newspaper column years ago when the New York Times Co.
decided all free-lance columnists would henceforth be "work for hire"
peasants, giving up all rights to their work.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com