[OM] Re: E-1 bits & parts advice

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 bits & parts advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:51:49 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> A quick perusal of wikipedia reveals that polarizing glass is quite
> possible using deposited coatings similar to the anti-reflection ones.
> Use of a polarizing film sandwich is just relatively cheap.

Not, I hope being too pedantic. The glass is still not polarizing. It is
providing a substrate for a polarizing coating.

Is such a coating any more or less subject to damage than the sandwich?
something sandwiched betwee glass is certainly better protected against
scratches than an exposed coating.

If effieciency is different, that would also be a factor.

Moose