[OM] Re: Well OT, financial markets, was public service

Subject: [OM] Re: Well OT, financial markets, was public service
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 03:55:42 -0800
Marc Lawrence wrote:
> I believe the fate of some folk in the film, on meeting one of the
> characters, is decided by a coin-toss.
Thanks, now I'm up to date.
> I've only ever seen one film by the Coen brothers ('Fargo' - I found it quite
> brilliant, though quite
> disturbing)
Ah, I forgot it's Cohen Bros. Still, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure Carol
Anne won't watch it and I doubt if I would arrange to atch it alone.
Hmmm, maybe our friend Terry, our Movie night buddy, who is a Cohen fan,
will convince her when it's on DVD.

I saw Hudsucker and enjoyed it. Fargo is a great movie. Lebowski is one
of my favorites. I don't know about great on any other scale, but I'll
be watching it again for I don't know which time in another couple of years.

I really didn't like O Brother. Everybody I know loved it. Left me flat.
Intolerable Cruelty is on the list, but the person here who brings
videos home from the library hasn't brought it yet.

Completely off even this OT, we've been watching Civilization, the
Kenneth Clark BBS series from almost 40 years ago and I'm loving it
again. much more fin than on live TV back then. I can stop it to rant or
rave, go back over parts and generally have a much more interactive
experience now. Also, it's possible I know  little more about some of
that stuff than before.

Moose