[OM] Re: Playing with night photography and my new scanner...

Subject: [OM] Re: Playing with night photography and my new scanner...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 10:28:08 +1100
That's nice but you've left off the most important piece of
information - the time of the exposure!
I assumed that the vignetting was deliberate - as with B&W work it
adds something.
The composition is unusual but rather interesting as it doesn't allow
the light source to overpower the image.
Somewhere I have a 'film days' book called Night Photography, an
English paperback. I has a lot of snow shots and snow does seem to
work particularly well for this sort of thing. Of course night
digital work is a whole different thing.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx