[OM] Re: Playing with night photography and my new scanner...

Subject: [OM] Re: Playing with night photography and my new scanner...
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:01:39 -0800
I don't know what the exposure time was, as I had the camera set to auto.
This is because I have no clue how long of an exposure would be required for
this kind of shot. I guess I should've timed it with a stopwatch. Like I
said, this is one of my first attempts at night photography.

The vignetting wasn't intentional, however I don't think it takes anything
away from the image.

The unusual composition is the result of trying to keep some landscape
lights out of the frame at lower left, and the roof over the deck I was
shoting from at the upper right. I wanted more of the cabin to be in the
frame, but not all the light that would have come with it.

Thanks for you comments,
Darin