[OM] Re: OM-88(What were they thinking?)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-88(What were they thinking?)
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:35:15 +1100

> I just picked up an OM-88 (OM-101) to complete my collection.
>  So far I have one or more of each body except the 3Ti.  What
> a piece of garbage this camera was.  There are no controls of
> any type for aperture or shutter speed.  The entire thing was
> programmed by a schedule something like the OM-2s.  The only
> control is a 1.5 stop backlighting control.  The only good
> thing is that the power focus works better than the PF on the
> OM-77. The point and shoot division of Olympus took over a
> part of the SLR team--what a blunder.
>
> In its defense, you can use manual focus Zuikos with the adapter.

I had one for a while, but had the "manual adapter" with it which allowed me
to select shutter peed & aperture.  Seemed to work ok, but I had enough
single digit bodies anyhow so sold it.  From what I remember, if you used a
non-PF zuiko with it, it operated in aperture priority mode even if you
didn't use the manual adapter.

...Wayne