[OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,

Subject: [OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 23:03:36 -0800
> From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... at least based on the
> knocks I hear from under the bonnets (hoods) at the traffic lights
> these
> days.

Are you sure they aren't supposed to be sounding that way? :-)

Reminds me of the last and final time I took a diesel into a "quicky
lube" sort of place. It started with a long argument with the grease
monkey about "C" rated oil -- "All our oil is top-grade," sez the guy.
Finally, I got his supervisor, who got me some proper oil for diesel
engines.

When we were done and I looked at the receipt; in the notes section,
it read, "Vehicle making strange knocking upon arrival."

I guess someone has to hire the handicapped. Not everyone can read
"DIESEL" on the front grille and "Powered by biodiesel" on the rear
bumper. Thank goodness they don't pump gas there, or they'd be buying
me a new car.

:::: Bomb, n. A means of persuasion. When employed by those in power,
its use is customarily termed "in the national interest," and those
who use it are customarily described as "tough" and "courageous." When
employed by those out of power, its use is customarily termed
"terrorism," and those who employ it are customarily described as
"ruthless" and "cowardly." -- Chaz Bufe ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::