[OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird

Subject: [OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:43:15 +0000
On 06/01/2008, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Surely that's not true, Chuck.  Why on earth use 2 batteries if it's
> not to get a longer go between changes?  The voltage will be the same,
> so the extra capacity must go to length of use.

I think you've misinterpreted Chuck's comment there, Chris.  I believe
he means that 2 BLM-1s in a battery grip will last as long as the same
2 BLM-1s used sequentially in the camera alone.  The differences being
that you have an extra interruption to change battery if you use them
in the camera instead of the grip, but then, you can charge one whilst
using the other.  If you put both in the grip, you need at least one
more battery to keep shooting when those two have run out.

I suppose one could compromise and use 2 BLM-1s sequentially in the
grip (you can do that - run with only one of the battery slots
occupied), which would give you the extra controls and most of the
extra mass, but no shooting time advantage.