[OM] Re: Great article

Subject: [OM] Re: Great article
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:50:42 -0600
> He speculated that Nikon would use the pixel density of the D300 on a
> full frame sensor giving 24Mp in the not too distant future.
Not too difficult a prediction, considering that the D300 sensor is made by
Sony, while the D3 is made by Nikon, a first for them. Presuming that Sony
is goiing to make good on their FF promise (that predicted to come soon
after PMA, but not waiting until Photokina), the two cameras could use the
same sensor with each company's proprietary processors.

> But hevbseems to be quite happy with 12Mp although part of his
>contentment comes from the low light performance of the D3.
It is indeed amazing.

> The thing that keeps catching my attention is that he uses his lower
> resolving lenses to save weight and for their greater zoom range. So
> why carry the 1Ds if his prefered lenses limit him to slightly over
> the resolution of a 5D?
He doesn't always make sense.

> Another factor though is that he has 32Mp (?) Hasselblad. Maybe the
> Canon 1Ds is his point and shoot .... ?
Interesting. I don't know what he does as a professional. Virtually all he
does for the website involves his Canons, except when he is testing a MF
back.

Don't try to make sense of Reichmann, he is very much the individual.
Although he has been a tireless cheerleader for Canon digital, it is easy to
see him making a total change. He has made a substantial investment in Nikon
lately.

Bill Pearce