[OM] Re: Great article

Subject: [OM] Re: Great article
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:40:10 -0800
He gets it wrong with the Nikon which is understandable considering he
is new to Nikon and the nomenclature is different.

Nikon has a mirror lock up function for those times when, for
instance, taking that macro and waiting for the precise instant when
the breeze stops moving the subject. It also has an exposure delay
mode. When activated the mirror flips up immediately upon pushing the
shutter release and there is a delay of about 1/2 second which Nikon
figures is adequate to let vibrations died down before the shutter
opens and closes.

It probably does not meet your requirement for a button on the camera
though since that is the MLU function. However you could set up a low
light shooting bank of settings including exposure delay and just
select that bank when you are going to do that kind of shooting. At
least that is how my D200 works. I doubt they took it away.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA