[OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird

Subject: [OM] Re: Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:51:46 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I used a wrist strap on my 5D but it made removing the booster grip
> impossible, if I needed to.

Which you would do, if ever you needed to replace batteries? How was it
otherwise during the time you used it?

> I use a Lowepro neoprene strap which is soft and stretchy and good.
> I did once have a neckstrap which was simply a 50mm (2') neoprene
> strip - wet suit material. That was excellent.

I have one similar, though not as broad, for my OM1. I'm unsure at this
particular moment as to why I haven't bought others for my assorted
cameras, including the heavier 10D (I suspect some disorganised and
unfocussed procrastination may be involved). I can see how the broadness
would also help with that whole discomfort and migraine thing I have
going, and it's got to be better than those horrible, scratchy pieces of
crap that Canon supplied with the 50E and the 10D.

Cheers,
Marc (thinking of a 40D, but waiting to see if the 5D does the splits)
Noosa Heads, Oz