[OM] Re: OM focus screen question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM focus screen question
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:40:17 -0800
>Am I correct that the all-matte
>screen for use with the OM-2n and 50/1.2 would be the 1-4 type?
>Please bear with me... Looking at the other discussions on the list, I
>get the feeling that I'm one of the only folks new to film and the OM
>system.  Thanks, Amin

Amin - there are 3 "all matte" screens for the OM: 1-4, 1-4n and the 1-10.
The 1-4 has a circle in it that corresponds to the center average weighting of
an OM1n and OM2n.  The 1-4n has a smaller circle that corresponds to the center
2% spot metering of the OM2sp, OM3(T) and OM4(T).  The size of the circle is an
aid to help you figure out what the camera's metering system is "focusing on"
Pun intended.  Either will work in an OM2n
The 1-10 is a 1-4 screen with grid lines.

I use the 1-10 in my OM1 & OM2, I use the Beattie grids in my OM4's.

Fire up your search engine of choice and look for Olympus esif, you'll find a
wealth of information there.  There is a section on focusing screens.  I don't
know if Hans is still selling the CD of the esif information, it is worth it.

When you find esif, note that there is a faq section that R. Lee Hawkins
compiled.  Be sure to go through that.  And ask questions, there are guys on
this list that have forgotten more than I'll ever know about the OMs.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets