[OM] PBG2 out of juice

Subject: [OM] PBG2 out of juice
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:13:33 +0200 (EET)
I was recently using the Power Bounce Grip 2 with the T32 attached. After
about 15-20 flashes on full manual power (GN32) in relatively short time,
I suddenly noticed that the "flash ready" light was not coming on. After a
few seconds of confusion, I realized that the fresh set of 4 "C" cells was
already getting quite low on output.

I somehow managed to get about 50 photos done by waiting and switching to
lower power for a while, that was all I needed at the time. I'm still
wondering though, is that really all one should expect from a freshly
loaded PBG2? What's everyone's experience there?

I've used PBG2 earlier and I think I've at least shot a roll a time
without the recycle time becoming noticeably longer, although I can't
recall for sure. The only thing I did differently this time was to connect
the flash using the PC cord (with an extension even) - normally I've used
the TTL cords. The brand of batteries I've been using is Varta "Superlife"
C.

priit.