[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:21:02 -0800
Well done. I would just add that with current rigid plastic tulip lens
hoods any impact is so far away from the front lens element as to be
irrelevant.

In your imagined, and common, side impact which bends the filter and
filter holder there is the added pleasure of trying to get the
wreckage of the filter off the lens.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA