[OM] OM2 Flash modes

Subject: [OM] OM2 Flash modes
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:59:12 -0500
I have registered for a course in night photography. I expect it to be
quite interesting, even though I will likely be spending several
evenings standing outside in sub-zero Ottawa weather...

Anyway, here's the question. Does the TTL flash function when an OM2(n)
is set to manual, or does it only work when the camera is on automatic?

I've looked at the manual, which doesn't address this situation, though
it implies that the TTL flash is controlled by the OTF light meter cells
   (in which case, the answer is "no").

Just in case it matters, the flash is a Braun SCA, that works in manual,
automatic and "external" (which for the OM2 is TTL) modes.

Martin